Dr. Amanda McMurphy, DMD
Amanda McMurphy's story comes from small-town America, an aspiring youth who sought to help others by taking care of them, nurturing them, and being a protector of her friends and family members. Always carrying the desire to help others and to be of service to her community, Amanda found her calling in dentistry, falling in love with the combined efforts of improving peoples' health, increasing their cosmetic sense, helping to build their self-confidence, and adding to their longevity, all in one.
A native of Meridian, Mississippi, Amanda McMurphy attended Meridian High School. Then she went on to earn an Associate Degree of Applied Science in Dental Hygiene at Meridian Community College shortly after. It was there that she discovered her love of dentistry.
Displaying perseverance and a strong work ethic, Dr. McMurphy worked as a dental hygienist in Starkville while completing a Bachelor’s of Science degree at Mississippi State University. Through that effort, she realized that becoming a dentist was not only her love, but her true calling, and so she went on to complete her education at the University of Mississippi Medical Center. There she earned a Doctorate of Medical Dentistry and received the “Best of Prosthodontics” award. Her prestigious and hard-won award was a testament to McMurphy's innovation in the design, creation, fitting, and cosmetics of dental implants.
Dr. McMurphy met her husband, Austin, while in dental school, and they married in 2015. Moving to Biloxi in 2016, Amanda started working for Broadwater Dental and was quickly put in charge of the Biloxi office. By February of 2018, Austin and Amanda welcomed their first born, a beautiful baby girl named Sloan. Just two short months later, Amanda purchased Broadwater Dental-Biloxi and proudly continues to serve her patients under her new business name, McMurphy Family Dentistry.
Dr. McMurphy’s vision is to provide top quality service to her community. Amanda strongly emphasizes the value in empowering patients by educating them so that they can make knowledgeable decisions regarding their best practices in oral health. She and her team work to create a calm atmosphere and a pleasurable experience for all of their patients.
All of the efforts that Amanda puts into her practice are lovingly exemplified by the 5-star ratings that she has online. When asked specifically about Dr. McMurphy, her patients had the following things to say:
- “Dr. McMurphy is the best. She puts you at ease which is almost impossible for me as I have extreme anxiety when it comes to the dentist.” -C.R.
- “Dr. McMurphy is the sweetest and most compassionate dentist I have been to. She is very understanding of anxious patients and makes you feel very comfortable. Highly recommend her!” -M.S.
- “I have been a patient of Dr. McMurphy since she opened her practice. This morning I had to have a tooth prepared for a crown. The most painless procedure ever. I didn't even feel the needle when she began the process. Both Dr. McMurphy and her staff are very attentive to the patient's needs and comfort. I highly recommend her for your dental needs!” -R.H.
- “I’ve seen her work first hand. Dr. McMurphy is a great dentist who does great dentistry. Do not hesitate to call her office for your dental care needs.” -C.C.
- “Great staff and Dr. McMurphy is excellent with her patients. Please give her a call for all your general dentistry needs!” -R.S.
We hope you will consider Dr. Amanda McMurphy and all of her friendly staff at McMurphy Family Dentistry when you need a dentist for you and your family. We are here for you!
Dr. McMurphy and her team welcome you for the best dental service in Biloxi!
One of the most common dental services is teeth whitening. Universally applicable to just about any patient, anyone can benefit from teeth whitening services...
Cosmetic dentistry. Here we have an entire topic in and of itself, all within the field of dentistry. The term cosmetic dentistry applies to any type of dentistry...
We should always do our best to protect our teeth. And we should continue to take great care of our teeth, for as long as we have them. However, even though we may and usually do take...